Visitor from the USA

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Visitor from the USA

Hello everyone,

Sorry for posting in English but I speak no German, my apologies. I can read the forum with Google Chrome's translator...

We have very few 500's in the USA so this forum is very useful.

I own a 1971 Fiat 500L in blu scuro that I bought in Holland in 2008. See the photos link on my signature.

I am buying a 1966 BMW 1800 in Berlin next week, April 8, and driving it t Essen on Saturday April 10 to visit Techno Classica and the ship it home from Zeebrugge. See my blog here: 1966bmw1800.wordpress.com/

I will try to stop by your station at TC and say hello. I will be the american with the Citroen hat... 8)

Ciao!

Luis
      Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Luis A. ()

• Welcome to the forum :daumen:

Did you need to make any technical adjustments and/or changes in order to get the Fiat 500 registered in the US?

It looks like you have the original Italian standard and not the US Export Version e.g. the huge head lights the US-Export Version originally had.

Just in case my employer wants me to move to the US again some time in future... :urlaub:
      :auto: ...
    • Original von Luis A.
      I will be the american with the Citroen hat... 8)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Oh dear, there are millions of americans with Citroen hats. :D

You're welcome, (of course) and you have to sign the little copy of your avatar. Ask for Klaus or Jürgen, these are the guys looking really foolish (even without a citroen hat :whistling: )
    • Thank you for the welcome guys!

This car is a European version. It was in Italy with ONE owner almost its entire life ('71 - '97) and then in Holland '97 to '08 when I bought it. It only has 54,000 km !

There are NO conversions needed when importing a car into the US that is 25 years or older, so no changes required.

Yes, the US version is very ugly but they are very rare. Very few were imported.

I will look for the funny looking guys at TC... :)

Luis

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Luis A. ()

• Hallo Luis,

your really welcome.
      In the 500forum and at TC.
      But you must know:
      The difference between Klaus and me to Chribes is:

We look often foolish and it is true that we need no accessories
      or tools for this job.

But, and this is realy hard for his environment,
      Chribes looks foolish in any situation!

Hope we will see us in Essen.

Bye
      Jürgen

PS: I don´t find the US Version ugly, with the frogeyes i find they look funny.
      There was also a US Version of the Jolly Car version.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von ()