Budget tuning

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Budget tuning

Hello my name is Magnus, I would like to buy a 126 but I don't like how slow they are. I prefer the 600 but for a 600 I can't get a parking permit anymore! I know that making a 500/126 engine fast can cost a lot of money so I was wondering if any of you know ways of making the little engines have around 40 hp for under €500 without fitting a turbocharger.
    • Deal Magnus,
      To reach 40 HP or even more, there is a lot do replace, modify and adjustment necessary!
      If you take a 650 ccm engine, replace the cramshaft with another timing, flatten the cylinderhead, you may get about 6-8 additional HP and arrive at 30-32 HP total.
      Of course, this is not 40, but within your budget!

To reach steadfast 40 HP, depending on what you can manage to do by your own, only the parts will cost you 2000 Euro and more!

Good luck!
      Werner
      Es kann nur Einen geben .....
    • I was already thinking of that, 30 hp doesn't seem bad. Does fitting a Panda 30 cylinder head and carburator also give it 30 hp or were there more changes to the Panda 30 engine?
    • Most all modifications, to reach more power, may look like just plug+play by the first view - but the only simple upgrades are:
      - replace the original 500 carburator by a Weber 28 (from the 650ccm engine)
      or
      - replace the original 500ccm by a 650ccm engine out of a aircooled Fiat 126

This two modifications require a minimum of knowledge and adjustments. They can be named as plug+play!

General changes of cylinder-heads, carburators from other engine-types, cramshafts etc. causing always a lot of adjustments and knowledge to get the engine powerfull (equivivalent to the changed parts).
      Of course, if you or the garage-technician do have the knowledge of this small engines, power upgrades are possible, but still then in a budget area of some kEuro, if the engine should be powerfull AND reliable!

Best regards,
      Werner
      Es kann nur Einen geben .....
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher